Job Postings for Web Design Solutions
eCommerce Sales Professional
We are looking for a talented and energetic eCommerce Sales Professional. This will include typical eCommerce Website Sales, Business Development, and some Marketing responsibilities. You will be working along side our phenomenal Director of Business Development mostly in the Automotive/Power Sports/Action Sports with sales demonstrations, writing detailed project outlines, creating engaging proposals from our templates and following up with current leads to close sales. This job is extremely flexible working from home or in the field some days and at our Mission Valley office (Rio Vista Trolley Stop) other days. We do not deal with cold calling or anything other than hot leads, as such we are only looking for the best of the best in sales.
* Go-to-Meeting sales demonstrations
* Develop and build relationships with partners and clients
* Gather customer requirements and build detailed project outlines
* Draft detailed yet engaging proposals or technical estimates
* Manage inquiries with salesforce
* Secure profitable sales contracts
* Help maintain client satisfaction
* Technical or consultative assistance experience
* Business development assistance experience
* Web or eCommerce industry experience
* Great interpersonal skills and a dynamic personality
To apply submit your resume and a brief explanation on why you are so passionate about your craft, what makes you an asset to us, where you see yourself in 5 years, your greatest strength and weakness - If we do not get all of these requirements we will discard your inquiry knowing you didn't even read this far.
eCommerce Customer Experience Specialist
We are looking for talented person to join us as full-time Customer Experience Specialist for our fast growing Content Driven eCommerce platform. This position is responsible for providing our customers with the highest level of assistance through email and telephone. Excellent customer service skills, consistent attention to detail, problem resolution and maintaining quality standards are the core elements of this position.
This position will also interact with developers to participate in bug testing to confirm resolutions for issues. You will assist with issue duplication and your responsibilities will also include analyzing new software releases and new system integration configurations to identify complex functionality and/or processes.
Customer Contact Responsibilities
• Responsibilities include answering telephone calls, emails and various written correspondence inquiries.
• Promote customer satisfaction through resolution of issues created during web and phone interactions.
• Evaluate and document customer reports and process according to established standard operating procedures.
• Reviews support request to confirm all necessary information is included, and direct the requests to the correct team member.
• Willing to conduct and train through structured webinars.
• Provide superior customer service and remote assistance.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding processes.
Customer Contact Qualifications:
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• The ideal candidate is analytical, detail and results oriented, with a strong technical aptitude.
• Must be able to anticipate and resolve customer issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
• Must be organized, creative, and solution focused with a positive attitude.
• Self-motivated, able to work individually and as a part of a team.
• Good listener.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities:
• Verifying the constant functionality of Web Shop Manager (WSM), our fast growing eCommerce CMS platform.
• Perform exploratory testing for specified areas of WSM, including verifying the adjustments completed and that they function within the defined scope.
• Includes ability to submit bugs into task tracking software and reassigning tasks to the development and programming teams.
• Create process documents in the WDS Wiki; step-by-step instructional documents that are to be referenced by other WDS team members.
• Work with developers during the process of implementing approved enhancements/bug fixes to the live platform.
Quality Assurance Qualifications:
• Has knowledge of cross-browser testing and browser configurations and is an innate troubleshooter
• Experience in a fast-paced environment with ability to meet committed deadlines
• Is detail-oriented, with the ability to troubleshoot processes and features.
• Is articulate, intelligent, confident, and possess common sense with the ability to communicate effectively to team members.
• Provide testing support on system bugs/enhancements; diagnose and report problems.
To apply submit your cover letter, resume and a brief explanation on why you are so passionate about a high level customer experience position, what makes you an asset to us, where you see yourself in 5 years, and your greatest strength and weakness - If we do not get all of these requirements we will discard your inquiry knowing you didn't even read this far.
eCommerce LAMP Engineer
We are seeking multiple hands-on first-rate developers for full time positions working with a team of other skilled developers who are passionate about the work they do. This is your chance to help build the future of eCommerce in a fast growing company while enjoying your craft and not just working for "the man" or some VC's wallet. We are looking for inidividuals who live near the San Diego area and can work in our Mission Valley office (Rio Visa Trolley Stop) part of the time with a flexible schedule the rest of the time. We believe in a goal oriented environment with objectives being our primary concern! We are looking to fill a Jr, an Intermediate, and an Advanced developer position, please indicate where you skills fall when applying.
• Advanced PHP (Object Oriented)
• 4+ years of direct industry experience.
• Fluent knowledge of the LAMP stack (all parts! and not just what they mean).
• Experience working with high traffic, high availability, distributed backend applications.
• Experience with e-Commerce (shopping cart, billing, co-branding).
• Experience with billing systems (PayPal, Auth.Net, BillMeLater).
• GIT usage (branching, merging, working with remote repositories).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail, flexibility, and a superhuman ability to produce clean, maintainable code that adheres to the company's coding standards and naming conventions.
• An understanding of what coding standards and naming conventions are.
• Interest in the Automotive - Power Sports - Action Sports Industries
• Design Patterns (Not the interior design type).
• Zend PHP Certification.
• Knowledge of APIs (eBay, Amazon, Facebook).
• Experience building PHP MVC frameworks.
• Work in an agile development environment.
• Code in VIM.
• Desire to build you own Control Panel.
• noSQL Database usage/structuring.
In order to be considered for this job, please reply to this post with your qualifications and and provide answers to the following questions (of you don't answer them we will know you didn't read this far and your application will be discarded):
* How has the LAMP stack achieved its current level of popularity?
* What is the coolest thing you've ever coded? Why was it so cool?
* What is your favorite open source project and why?
* What do you do when you aren't coding?
* Why should we hire you?
Web Design & XHTML/CSS Front End Implimentation Specialist
We are looking for and energetic and passionate Frontend XHTML/CSS Developer to join our team who lives in the San Diego area or is willing to move here later this year. Although the position will be mostly working in our new Mission Valley office there will be some flexibility to work from home on occasion. Automotive or Action Sports background is a plus as this is the largest portion of our client base.
Primary responsibilities will be creating fast, maintainable cross-browser websites from designs, wireframes and PSDs from our other design team members. Project range includes mostly E-Commerce and large CMS-based sites, could also include some small static sites, and occasionally UI work directly on our own applications. You must be dedicated, detail-oriented, organized, professional, and able to communicate and collaborate. Secondary responsibilities _could_ include building sitemaps, wireframes, logos, banners, web designs although this is not a requirement.
* 2+ years of direct industry experience
* Attention to detail; pixel perfection and efficient code
* Complete MASTERY of valid XHTML and CSS - Score 100% on http://www.w3schools.com/quiztest/quiztest.asp?qtest=CSS
* Strong knowledge of web standards, and the ability to create CSS-based (table-less) designs w/ cross-browser compatibility from scratch
* Maintaining existing pages, always looking for ways to make the pages easier to use and load faster
* Solid understanding of SEO and development best practices
* Demonstrable experience managing multiple projects on tight schedules
* Write clean, high-quality, standards-compliant, reusable code
* Solid analytical, conceptual, quantitative and technical skills with the ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems
* Desire to learn new technologies *and* _work outside of your comfort zone_
* Attitude of personal accountability for results and achieving individual and company goals
* Understanding and consistent application of usability standards and best practices
* Proactive problem-solver and quick thinker. If there is an issue with the spec, you will tell us before you code to it. You're the kind of person who likes conceiving of a better way to do something, but who can compromise when existing technology interferes.
* Amazing communication and collaboration skills. Can set expectations and talk to the team about what you're working on. Can explain why you did something a certain way. Able to give and receive constructive feedback in a friendly and professional manner. Able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team.
* Mobile, Flash, PHP & Smarty experience is a Plus
* No third party or outsourcing companies!
How will we know if you are qualified? Below is a list of example questions or tasks we will ask of you during your interview so if you would not ace these (without the help of Google) then please do not even apply...
* A detailed explanation with a fundamental core understanding of the difference between block level and inline elements.
* Name two techniques to clear floats. First, describe the issue that happens when to a parent element w/ a floated child element. Then describe two ways to clear the float.
* The top 3 browser compatibility pitfalls, what causes them and the best way to resolve them. (bonus points if you can point out how a design could be changed to avoid each problem to begin with)
* An example of a pure CSS flyout menu system you created from scratch or something equally challenging that shows your ability to go beyond implementing other peoples code and innovate on your own.
If what you see above is what you eat sleep and breathe then you are a NINJA! Here is what we would like to know about you...
* Submit Resume with Cover letter and link to online portfolio.
* Links to your top 5 works that you have built from the ground up including template creation (table-less XHTML/CSS) and JQery implementation.
* Submit brief article on why you are so passionate about your craft, what makes you an asset to us, where you see yourself in 5 years, your greatest strength and weakness - If we do not get all of these requirements we will discard your inquiry knowing you didn't even read this far.
eCommerce Project Manager
The ideal candidate is analytical, detail and results oriented, with a strong technical aptitude. A motivated self-starter, you will stay ahead of digital media trends and be comfortable discussing new technologies and resulting business implications. This is currently an hourly contract position, working remotely most days with required weekly office meetings.
The role requires excellent written/verbal/people communication skills because you will be providing a direct interface between clients and our internal design and development teams. You will provide a reliable and conscientious point of contact for clients, guiding them through every step of our development process. You will gather information from the client and translate business requirements into proposals, wire frames, use cases, and creative briefs. You will work closely with the technical, creative, and business teams to oversee project engagements from initial contact right through to delivery and client approval sign off.
• Provide an effective and efficient interface between 50-100 clients concurrent projects and internal development teams.
• Use Microsoft Visio or Axure RP Pro to build sitemaps and wire frames to assist in the project planning process.
• Collaborate with technical and creative leads to establish scope, goals, time lines, estimates and project deliverables.
• Oversee project development efforts to keep projects on schedule, on budget, and to specification.
• Identify all task interdependency's and coordinate effective use of staff to ensure timely and accurate production flow.
• Source and manage third-party resources as necessary, including outside contractors, vendors and service providers.
• Complete MASTERY of Excel and Access for data manipulation and importation into client sites.
• Manage the QA process to ensure the highest quality standards for successful project delivery.
• Maintain scheduling and overall project time lines and provide monthly reports and forecasts to senior management.
• 2+ years of direct industry experience
• Entrepreneurial, versatile, creative, problem solving
• Business acumen with an aptitude for technology
• Client-facing experience such as analysis, consulting, or client service/support
• Analytical & technical proficiency with productivity tools
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing client/project requirements
• Previous experience at an executive producer / project manager level with a web or software development company
In order to be considered for this job, please reply to this post with your qualifications, salary requirements and and provide answers to the following questions:
• How has the Internet achieved its current level of popularity?
• What is the coolest project you've managed? Why?
• What is your favorite website? Why?
• How do you handle pressure?
• Why should we hire you?